Epoxy floors are used in industrial and commercial flooring. It is applied to normal concrete floors which provide a durable, smooth and high-performance surface that can withstand heavy loads. Industrial and commercial buildings like warehouses require epoxy floors so the floors are maintained in perfect condition. Ask a professional of construction removal Birmingham for assistance.
Applying Epoxy Floor Coatings
When you apply an epoxy coating, the surface should be cleaned and slightly porous so it can adhere properly. Before an Epoxy Flooring Company applies the epoxy, they will repair major chips and cracks to ensure better adherence. You can apply the epoxy yourself if you have the necessary skills to do so.
Before you apply the epoxy coating, make sure the surface is old enough and greases are removed. Test the surface for other products applied the past years. The temperature should also be adequate because it can peel and bubble if you did not follow the temperature specified by the manufacturer.
Apply the primer first, like you with paint. Allow it to settle for several hours before you apply the epoxy. Before applying it, cover the floor with thin layer or water. Spread the epoxy using a roller pin on a pole. Make sure it is spread across the entire floor space in a thin layer. Apply the second coating when the primer has dried out. Apply the finisher the same manner as the primer.
Advantages of Epoxy Floor Coating
- The following are the advantages of applying epoxy coat over a concrete floor.
- After applying the epoxy coat, you will notice a 200% improvement on the brightness of the area. It also creates a shiny high gloss surface.
- A concrete floor with epoxy coating can withstand heavy load and continuous traffic because it makes the surface durable which can also last for several years.
- Epoxy floors are easy and fast to install. Once you installed it and converted into a solid polymer, it becomes strong. While installing it, you will spend less time shutting down production.
- It has resistance over beads water, oil stains and wipes super clean that creates a seamless surface.
- Epoxy floors have anti-slip features that offer enhanced safety. It’s also resistant to heat and fire. Epoxy coating is perfect for plants or warehouses exposed to potent chemicals because it can survive continued exposure. It’s also resistant to extreme impact which gives safety to the building and its employees.
- You want to identify walkable areas or create driveways, you can apply different patterns.
- Epoxy floors make the concrete floor durable because it prevents wear and tear. If you own the commercial or industrial building, it will save you a lot of money and you can manage other business concerns.
- It doesn’t require major maintenance. Once you apply epoxy coating over the concrete, since it’s sealed it’s no longer porous which means you can clean it easily.
- Epoxy coatings are also environment-friendly. Instead of adding new floors or replacing damaged machines, the safety of the building is secured.